With every purchase of Fibre products, we will support the following organizations:
Plant trees. Save lives.
Eden reduces extreme poverty and restores healthy forests in Haiti, Madagascar, Ethiopia, and Nepal by employing local villagers to plant millions of trees — for as little as 10¢ per tree. They’ve already planted over 97,000,000 trees, created 971,035 workdays, and have 1176 members.
- 98% of Ethiopia’s forested areas have been destroyed in the last 50 years
- 10% of Madagascar’s original forests remain today
- 2% of Haiti’s land that is forested
Why It Matters:
The destruction of healthy forest systems causes many problems. Trees provide habitat for animals, purify water sources, control flooding, and erosion, and help to replenish the soil with nutrients needed for farming. When farmers can’t grow anything their farms fail and they have no option but to move to overcrowded cities looking for work. Often they have to resort to selling themselves or their families into slavery just to survive.
Why We Support:
Eden starts by hiring local villagers to plant trees. This gives them a decent income so they can provide for their families again. As the reforestation effort goes on, healthy forests begin to emerge and all the negative effects of deforestation begin to disappear.
The Cara Program prepares and inspires motivated individuals to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, transform their lives, strengthen our communities, and forge paths to real and lasting success.
- Cara has placed over 5,100 individuals into more than 7,300 jobs at one-year job retention rates of 70% or higher, helping the same percentage of families stop the transference of generational poverty.
- Cara maintains relationships with more than 120 Chicagoland employers who trust the quality of their candidates for filling their positions.
- They stimulate community vibrancy by providing neighborhood beautification services that indelibly boost neighborhood pride and reclaim community identity.
Why it Matters:
Cara provides a comprehensive solution to the interrelated challenges of poverty and chronic homelessness. They address poverty by giving individuals the opportunity to secure permanent employment through a comprehensive range of training, support, and job placement service and mitigate barriers to employment by addressing the need for skilled workers in Illinois and providing their participants with on-the-job training and industry-linked training courses.
Why We Support:
Cara is more than a well-regarded workforce development program and its social enterprise, Cleanslate, is more than a fast and friendly service keeping communities clean. Together, these programs are a catalyst for true change and lasting success in participants’ lives. They help reclaim neighborhoods block by block and teach valuable job skills in the process. Cara provides the skills and confidence their participants need to secure and sustain quality jobs, further their education, and find stable housing, empowering individuals to lead lives of personal and professional excellence, energizing our community as a whole.